I was very touched recently to be given a Kreativ Blogger award! This award is purely and simply to encourage bloggers and showcase others and was given to me by the very lovely and talented Georgia Coote
. Georgia designs wonderful surface patterns and her own blog
is a complete joy!
The Kreativ Blogger award decrees that a recipient should give ten facts about themselves and nominate their ten favourite blogs. So here you go.
10 things you may not know about me
1) I love bright colour but I very rarely wear it. Sounds bizarre I know, but I usually only wear blue (my favourite colour) as well as black, grey and brown. Everything tends to mix and match a bit easier this way!
2) I can’t get through the day without twitter. As a freelancer, I work alone and checking in with everyone on twitter is a bit like stopping by the photocopier for a quick chat to catch up.
3) I am addicted to Horlicks! It may seem like a bit of an OAP drink (and indeed my granny did introduce me to it) but I always have a cup before bed to help me sleep.
4) I have a girl crush on Joanna Lumley and would like to be her when I grow up (one day). Not many actresses can boast a career that spans The Avengers, James Bond and Ab Fab. And then she campaigned for the Gurkhas (and won), which just proves my point.
5) I love bees and, even more so, honey. I will consume honey in any way I can (on toast, in tea, within my beauty products). I’ve also been on a bee-keeping course and got to wear the kit and look inside a hive.
6) My claim to fame is that I once met Kate Winslet and stayed the night in her house. She used her Bafta awards as doorstops and there was a hand-written note on her fax machine from Leonardo de Caprio!!! Me, starstruck? Not at all!
7) I love teapots. I have a burgeoning collection, which is good because I drink a lot of tea!
8) Kathryn is my full name but all my family and childhood friends actually call me Katy.
9) A long time ago I gave up a career in a top London advertising agency to spend the summer working as a waitress in a cocktail bar called The B52 on the greek island of Kos. Odd decision but a good one ultimately as it led me to retrain as a journalist.
10) As a result of the above I can always remember the constituents of a B52 (Kahlua, Baileys and Grand Marnier).
Above image created by Georgia Coote
And here are my chosen ten blogs, all of which I read and enjoy immensely:
Now linkees, I urge you to do the same and spread the word!